Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chambray and shorts





I love this outfit! It's one of those outfits that just came together perfectly. As every woman should know, you can't go wrong with a chambray top. They are comfy, super versatile, and always look great. Here, I tied the bottom because if I had just let it hang, it would have looked frumpy with the shorts. By tying it, it still allowed it to have a loose fit while still bringing definition so that it's flattering.  As a general rule, I'd say if you are wearing skinny jeans or other tight fitting pants or a pencil skirt, go on and let it hang and it will look great, as I did here. But if the pants are looser in the legs, as these shorts are, or if you're wearing an a-line skirt, for example, go ahead and tie or tuck it. 

Black shorts are perfectly chic while still staying cool for summer, and paired with a chambray top, they look great. I added a simple ring and a peach beaded necklace, and I finished the look off with a pop of bright color through my red wedge sandals. It worked perfectly on a day where I went out to breakfast and dinner, and I didn't have to change!

Top: DKNY
Shorts: Loft
Neclace: Charlotte Russe
Ring: Charming Charlie
Shoes: Crocs



0 comments:

Post a Comment