Monday, May 6, 2013

denim chic


I signed up for StyleUp, and I'm finding it quite interesting so far. You can say what type of outfits you want, rate outfits on the site so it gets to understand your preferences, and enter your zip code so it knows the weather in your area. You'll then get emails with an outfit for each week day based on all of this. I've only had it for less than a week so far, but I've already pinned most of the outfits sent to me so far. Last night I got the email with the outfit for today, loved it, and decided to recreate it for my own outfit today, since I had all of the similar pieces to do so. You can see the original picture below.

This is one of those outfits that just made me feel confident and good about myself from wearing it. Who doesn't love that?? A chambray shirt such as this one is something I'd recommend to every woman because it is one of the most versatile pieces you can own and well worth the investment. I love how it's loose fitting casual in this look. This is also the necklace that I wore yesterday that I'm wearing again, and how good does it look with this top? In the look, she's wearing a darker wash denim. I'm still too uncomfortable to do a true blue denim on denim, so these are actually purple skinny jeans. A slight variation, which looks just as good but more in your comfort zone if you're like me. Then there's the pop of yellow in the shoes again. Would you wear this outfit?

Top: DKNY: (similar- $19.80)
Pants: Kmart: (exact- $30)
Necklace: Forever 21 (similar- $7)
Silver Ring: Bought in Cozumel, Mexico (similar- $18.75)
Pearl Ring: 1 Sale a Day (very similar- $32)
Pearl Bracelet: 1 Sale a Day (similar- $16)
Silver Hinge Bracelet: (similar- $10)
Crystal Bracelet: Sassy Steals (similar- $11.70)
Shoes: 2020 Ave: (similar- $25)

Here's the inspiration photo:


0 comments:

Post a Comment