Monday, January 27, 2014

hearts and a new adventure



Although they don't really show up in pictures, there are polka dots on these coral jeans, making them one of my favorite pairs, obviously! And the sweater is covered in adorable little hearts. Now normally I wouldn't be one to wear a top covered in hearts, because it would make me feel like I'm about 5 years old and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, I work with 5 year olds- I don't need to be one too ;) But when I saw this sweater from Old Navy last year, I was just drawn to it. Maybe it's because the hearts are half pink- half which gives it a cooler vibe, and I love the brown with it. It's also incredibly soft, which is a big plus.

And today marks the beginning of a big change in my life for the next 4 months: student teaching. I'm going to be a full-time student teacher in 2 different classrooms to finish up my Master's and get my teaching degree. And I'm really excited about it! It's going to be lots of work without a doubt, but I'm really looking forward to getting to be in the classroom every day with these awesome kids that I've already gotten time to know and love. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about wearing "teacher outfits" every day. I'm already planning out what I'm going to wear into the future. Today would have been my first day in the classroom as the student teacher too, but due to the -25 degree feeling temperatures, all the schools are closed around here. So I guess I will be staying warm inside instead for now!

Top: Old Navy (exact below)
Pants: Kohl's (exact below)
Necklace: Charming Charlie's
Ring: Forever 21

Shop the Look

hearts and polka dots




This post is linked up to Monday Must Haves @ The Style Record (button in sidebar)

0 comments:

Post a Comment