Thursday, January 16, 2014

how colorful do you go?





It's funny how not too long ago, colored skinny jeans were something I admired from afar, not daring to try on my own. They were too "loud" for me, and I didn't think I could pull them off. But now look, I'm going around wearing bright green skinnies (they're brighter than they look in the picture) and I'm wearing them with a bright blue top! Talk about loud! I'm really happy with what my style has and is continuing to evolve into. I feel so much more myself in something like this than I ever did in slightly oversized, boring clothes that allowed me to blend in but didn't give me any kind of style of my own or show off my personality. And I do think part of it is loving who I am and what my body is, which is something that can take some time, I can tell you. 

I adore this tunic, and I was so excited when I found it at Old Navy. Lately chiffon tunics like this with a cami underneath have been go-tos for me because they are lightweight enough that when I'm up and down and all around with all the kids I work with, I don't get too hot. Definite plus. This is also the second time I've worn this necklace this week. I'm in LOVE, guys. It's another one from my Apple of My Eye Jewelry grab bag!

So, how colorful do you go with your outfits?

Top: Old Navy
Pants: Old Navy (exact below)
Necklace: Apple of My Eye Jewelry


Shop the Look

blue and green


This post is linked up to What I Wore to Work and Three-Fer Thursday (links in sidebar).

0 comments:

Post a Comment